There have actually been a lot of masterpieces that have been created by painters from France over the course of our rich artistic history. The new classicism, which actually drew upon the inspiration from a lot of ancient Roman culture actually rose in France in the middle of the 18th century. The 19 century actually saw a huge shift in romanticism and that also led to the emphasis on emotion and also individualism.
In this article, I am going to be discussing some very famous paintings that have been painted by amazing French artists who have done a fantastic job. A lot of France’s most famous paintings were actually created during this particular period. Imperialism actually gave way to a lot of movements around the world, especially when it comes to modern art. Here are some fantastic paintings by French painters.
1. The very first one that I would like to talk about is called The Card Players. It was painted by Paul Cezanne and it was in the 1890s. We don’t know when exactly it was painted, but we can pinpoint it from the eighteen-nineties to the 1900s. It definitely is a masterpiece indeed. It has fetched more than $300 million.
2. The next one that I would like to mention is called DANCE. The the painting actually shows for human beings. It was painted in the year 1910. It is considered a key point when it comes to the development of modern paintings, which actually remains very influential indeed.
3. The third one is called The Raft Of The Medusa. This was painted in the year 1819 and I would like to point out that it is an amazingly famous painting. It was a French warship that fought in the Napoleonic wars. Even though it’s survived the battles, it actually crashed in July 2018 16 while transporting some people. 400 people were on board, and they had to evacuate. 151 people were put on a raft. This was during a huge storm. These people had to survive almost 2 weeks in heavy waves. This entire scene is depicted and immortalised in this particular painting.
4. The next painting that I would like to talk about is called Liberty Leading The People. It was painted in the year 1830, and it has actually existed as a God is in a lot of cultures. This was especially during the French Revolution. Liberty leading the people is not exactly the painters most famous painting, but it is definitely an iconic French masterpiece.
5. Water Lilies is the next one that I would like to talk about. It was created between the years 1896 to 1926. It is actually one of the most recognised and celebrated works of the entire 20th century.